How to Enable Multiple Assignments
- PeopleFluent Learning
- All versions
Multiple Assignments refers to the circumstances where an individual has more than one job assignment for the employer at the same time, with each assignment potentially having a different location, manager, organization and so on. This is common in companies with branches located in close proximity. For example:
- Education, where teachers working part-time in two or more schools, or where supply teachers work in a number of schools.
- Healthcare, where nurses or doctors work in more than one hospital or healthcare practice.
- Retail, where staff work in chains with multiple outlets, such as restaurants, coffee shops, bars, or car servicing.
In order to enable Multiple Assignments on your system, you will need to follow the below steps.
- Add the following line on your ekp.properties under /WEB-INF/conf of the application:
- Restart your Application Server (e.g. Tomcat):
- Login to your system and go to Manage Center > System > General Settings > System Configuration:
4. Under 'Select a Category', choose 'General' and look for the option 'Enable Multiple Assignments' - select the checkbox and save the change:
5. The above will enable Multiple Assignments in your system. If you wish to test creating multiple assignments users, navigate to Manage Center > Users.
6. Search for an existing User or create a new one. You will now notice that the User now has an assignment ID value with a suffix of "-1" after their User ID. This denotes that it is their first/primary assignment:
7. To create a new Assignment, enter the User Editor for the relevant User ID > select 'Manage Assignments':
7a. Select 'Create New Assignment':
8. The system will create a new assignment for the User ID with a suffix of "-2" - indicating this is the secondary assignment. You can then set a different role, organization or any other detail for this assignment: