OrgPublisher – WebAdmin Error – “An error occurred while attempting to contact the chart server at this URL.”
That error is usually an "ISAPI and CGI Restriction" and/or Handler Mapping settings issue.
- Verify your settings against the Installation guide “ISAPI and CGI Restriction” section.
- Confirm web.config file at /opweb does not contain the <customErrors mode="Off"/> tag. This tag breaks web admin.
- Confirm you are not using URL Authorization. (There's a solution for URL authorization.) It's the '.Net Authorization Rules' in IIS. If it's set to ‘Allow all Users’ they aren't using URL Authorization.
- It can be a permission issue. Ensure OPWEB_LG is on the OPWEB folder with Modify rights. Ensure the user is in the OPWEB_GG group and OPWEB_LG is in the OPWEB_GG group.
- IIS - Handler Mappings. Check that ISAPI-dll is set to *.dll (or remoteserver.dll) and make sure Edit Feature Permissions has Execute checked.
6. Ensure that the application pool serving the web app is 32-bit enabled by clicking "Application Pools" and then selecting the pool for the web app. In the right-hand pane, click on "Advanced Settings". Make sure the "Enable 32-Bit Applications" field is set to "True":
Created : Melanie Culp
Reviewed: Alvin Ee [09 January, 2023]