How to Add Common Display Value Categories
Talent Management – ALL
Applicable Releases: ALL
The purpose of this article is to describe how to add common display value categories to the system.
Display value categories are used to manage most of the data that is available for selection in the PeopleFluent Talent Management interface, such as the names of states or provinces available in address drop-down lists, the types of currencies used for salary grades, and more.
By default, PeopleFluent Talent Management comes with the most commonly used display value categories, each containing the most common set of values for that category based on industry best practices. While the names of display value categories can be changed, you cannot delete existing categories. You can, however, add, edit, or delete display values within existing categories.
Users with the appropriate privileges can also add and delete custom display value categories from the Common Display Value Categories page. However, the display value categories provided out of the box cannot be deleted.
Caution: Modifying display values changes the user interface immediately. Be careful when changing display values.
To access all display value categories, go to:
- Primary Navigation Menu > Talent Management Administration > Site Administration > Data Setup > Common Display Value Categories: These display value categories apply to the overall application. They control the data that is available for common elements of the application and are not limited to a specific product.
- Next, click the Add button to add a new common display value category by entering the category name value as you would like to see it appear in the system.
- Hit Save.
- Go back to the list and click the edit icon next to the category name to add the values that will be associated with the new list.
- Click the Add button under the Values section.
- Enter the Name, Display, and choose a color code of how the value will appear throughout the system.
- Hit Save!