How Compensation Administrators Can Create Workbook Template Deep Links
Talent Management – Compensation
Applicable Releases: 11.23 and higher
The purpose of this article is to describe how a Compensation administrator can add Excel workbook template links to the Productivity Platform. Administrators can configure deep links into workbook templates that they can then add to a Productivity Platform Information widget so that users can download the workbook template directly from the Productivity Platform without having to open PeopleFluent Talent Management system.
Any reportable grid and all Compensation worksheets in PeopleFluent Talent Management can have a deep link to a workbook template. For Compensation worksheets, there are three links provided that display the following:
- The manager’s direct reports only
- The total organization for the logged-in manager
- A configurable column/value combination based on the Worksheet Navigator Modes display value category
Note: Access to this feature is controlled with the Can Access Workbook Links security group, which includes the Copy Workbook Link and Link to download Workbooks page definitions. Also, standard SmartGrid row-level security is in place.
To configure a workbook deep link:
- In PeopleFluent Talent Management, go to any reportable SmartGrid, workbook, or worksheet.
- Click Reports > Workbook Options > Copy Workbook Link.
- If there is only one link provided, select it and copy it to the clipboard, then proceed to step 5.
- For Compensation worksheets, where there are three links provided, select and copy the one you want to use; for the third link you will need to configure the URL with the navColumn and navValue pair for the Worksheet Navigator Modes display value category you want to display. For example, if in the URL, navColumn=NAV2 (specifying the Location display value category) and navValue=CA (specifying the location value), the link will display data for the California location.
- Go to the Productivity Platform legacy interface and add or edit the information widget to which you want to add the link, paste the link there, and configure as needed.
- Click Save.
- In the Save Confirmation dialog box, select Force update this dashboard on existing colleagues, too, then click Save.