Enrollment approval is required for courses with an enrollment policy that includes one or more approval steps. The policy's Approver Selection Type specifies who can approve or deny each step of the enrollment in the Enrollment Approval page, therefore you can approve or deny an enrollment approval step for learners only if you match the approver selection specified for an approval step.
When learners enroll in a course that requires enrollment approval, they send a request to the designated
approver on enrollment. They must then wait until the enrollment is approved before they can launch the
course or access its knowledge center. This is also the case for auto-enrollment unless the Ignore Prerequisites and Enrollment Approval Steps for Automatic Enrollments System Configuration setting is enabled.
On the Enrollment Approval page you can:
- Filter the list of approvals to show:
- Your pending approvals
- Your approval history
- All pending approvals
- All approval history
- Print the list of approvals
- Approve enrollments individually
- Deny enrollments individually
- Pay tokens to approve enrollments
- Buy additional tokens
- Delegate approval authority to other users
- View the status of each approval step for an enrollment
- Open the course details for pending or approved enrollments
- See the user profile summary for users in the list
- Open the users' Career Summary in the Career Development Center
Administrators with at least read-only access to the Enrollment Approval feature in System Roles (Review Features > Review Features) can approve or deny enrollments.
To approve or deny enrollments, go to Home > Workspace > Enrollment Approval.