You can approve or deny enrollments for courses with enrollment policies that include at least one approval step for which you match the Approver Selection Type (for example, you are the learner's direct appraiser).
For enrollment policies with more than one approval step, the designated approver for each step must approve the enrollment for the learner to be enrolled in the course. If any approval step is denied, the learner will not be enrolled.
Where there is only one approval step, approving an enrollment also enrolls the learner in the course.
Click an approval's Step Status link to open the Enrollment Status page, where you can view the status
of each approval step for the enrollment.
Administrators with at least read-only access to the Enrollment Approval feature in System Roles (Review
Features > Review Features) can approve or deny enrollments.
To approve or deny enrollments
- Go to Home > Workspace > Enrollment Approval. The Enrollment Approval page opens with a list of your pending approvals. Enrollments for courses with an online payment display an Add to cart button.
- Filter the list of approvals, if required. You can select the owner and status, period of the request date, the learners' organizations, and enter keywords related to the course. Click Filter.
- To deny an enrollment step, click Deny. The approval step is removed from the list.
- To approve an enrollment step for a course with no charge, click Approve. The approval step is
removed from the list.
- To approve an enrollment step for a course with an online payment charge, click Add to cart.
- To pay for an enrollment added to the cart, click Proceed to shopping cart. The Shopping Cart page
opens with a list of course enrollments you have added to the cart.
- Click Checkout. The external online payment gateway configured for your LMS opens, where you can pay for the enrollments.