Tasks are lightweight courses and can be used to track snippets of training, or to track the accomplishment of a specific piece of work. For example, training for machine operation might consist of the following tasks:
- Read the machine operation manual
- Observe demonstration given by a certified trainer
- Duty manager confirmation for skills acquired
Task learning types have:
- A mandatory learning module description
- A sign-off section to define the approvers who may confirm the completion of a user's task
- A task completion reminder that allows a user to remind the approvers to take action on the enrolled task
Task learning types do not have cost settings.
When learners have completed a task but they cannot sign it off themselves, they can send a Task Complete Reminder email to the person who is responsible for signing it off. To enable the email to be sent, you must select the email template for the Task Complete Reminder in the task session's Email Preferences Setup.
Learners can send Task Complete Reminder emails in the Current Courses page.
Approvers can sign off tasks in the Task Approval page (Workspace > Task Approval).