To find one or more learning modules you want to work on, you can filter the list on the Learning Modules page. You can quickly filter the list on the learning module title, ID or description, or use more complex search criteria comprising multiple module properties and- optionally - module attributes.
When you have filters the list of modules, you can save the filter as a preset filter to use in future without having to re-enter the criteria.
To filter list of learning modules:
1. Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules.
2. Enter the title, ID, or some key words from the module description and click Filter.
3. To filter on other module properties and attributes, or to use a preset filter, click Show Advanced Filters. The filter box expands to show additional criteria fields.
4. Select and/or enter the filter criteria as required and click Filter.
To save the filter for future use:
1. If the advances filters are not shown, click on Show Advanced Filters.
2. Select and/or enter the filter criteria as required.
3. Click Save as Preset. the Save as Preset dialog appears.
4. Enter a name for the preset filter.
5. Select the Set as default check box to automatically filter the list of learning modules using the preset filter when you go to the Learning Modules page.
Search Guidelines for Learning Modules
To return a more specific set of search results when you filter the list of learning modules, you can modify the form of your search term for text fields, as shown in this table.
Table: search tips
|Example Search Term||Description|
|online Training||Any modules matching online or training (case insensitive).|
|"Online Training"||Any modules matching Online Training exactly, in a single field (case insensitive).|
|Online -Training||Any modules matching Online but not Training.|
|Online +Training||Any modules matching Training, modules that also match Online will rank higher in the results.|
|(Online OR Training) AND course||Any modules matching course and either Online or Training (use parentheses to group the OR criteria).|
|"Online Training"~2||Any modules matching Online Training within two words, in a single field.|
Any modules with properties starting with com and ending with r, where the asterisk (*) is a wildcard that represents any number of characters, for example, comr, computer.
If you enter classroom as the search term and there are catalog entries containing the text classroom, classroom1 and classroom2, only the entry containing the text classroom will be returned. If you would like the results to include all three learning modules, enter classroom* as the search term.
|te?t||Any modules with properties starting with te and ending with t, where the question mark (?) is a wildcard for a single character (for example, test, text or tent).|
|description:http\:Wxyz.com||Any modules where the description field contains http://xyz.com. Enter a backslash (\) as the escape character before any reserved characters like : or /.
Examples of other field-specific search terms: