You can award certifications to users individually in the Career Development Center (CDC). When you award a certification, you can add a comment and enter values for any certificate award attributes for which you have at least read-only access permission. You can specify the certification's Issue Date as being the current date, or any time in the future or past. Changing the Issue Date can affect date-dependent automated processes configured in the Expiration/Renewal Policy properties for the certification, such setting the expiry date as a specific number of days after the certification is issued.
Reviewers with unrestricted access to the Review Certifications feature in System Roles (Review Features >
Review Submenu Features) can award certifications in the CDC.
To award a certification in the CDC
- Go to Home > Workspace > Review. The Review page opens with a list of all learners for whom you are their direct appraiser.
- Select Review Learning Center from the action menu of the learner you want to award a certification to. The Learning Center Summary page opens in the CDC.
- Select Certifications from the Learning Center menu. The Certifications page opens with a list of the
learner's current certifications.
- Click + Award New Certification. The Add Certification page opens.
- Click the Certification link to open the Select certification page, where you can select the certification to award the leaner.
- Select the certification and click OK to return to the Add Certification page.
- Update the Issue Date from today's date, if required.
- Add a comment, if required.
- Complete any certificate award attributes, as required.
- Click Award Certification. The certification is added to the list in the Certifications page.