You can approve external training records for learners for whom you are their appraiser, and for learners in organizations that you supervise, if you are their organizational external training approver. If the
corresponding external training record email template is configured and selected in System Configuration, it is sent to the learner when external training records are approved or denied.
Administrators with unrestricted access to the Ext. Training Approval feature in System Roles (Review Features > Review Features) can approve or deny external training.
To approve external training for anyone in your organizational view, you also must have the Is Organizational External Training Approver role access control permission (in Data Access Control > Role General Permissions).
To approve or deny external training
- Go to Home > Workspace > External Training Approval. The External Training Approval page opens with a list of external training approval requests.
- Click the name of a participant. Their external training approval request opens.
- Update the information in their external training record, if required.
- Select one of the following options from the Status drop-down list:
• To approve the external training, select Approved.
• To deny the external training, select Approval Denied.
- Click Update to save the changes or Delete to delete the external training record.