- Talent Management: Performance
This enhancement adds the ability to synchronize added and deleted competencies for participants after a Performance workflow process has been initiated.
In PeopleFluent Performance workflow processes, the only way to add or remove competencies after the process was initiated was to write and execute a data processing script. Starting in the 23.04 update, administrators can now synchronize any added or removed competencies directly from the Workflow Process Management page. To get to this page, go to Primary Navigation Menu > Talent Management Administration > Performance Administration > Performance Management > Workflow Process Management and click the Manage icon for a plan. Then click the tab for the final or interim evaluation process you want to configure.
Figure: Sync Competencies Button on the Workflow Process Management Page
This new functionality will add and remove competencies from all sources (except ad hoc competencies, which do not need to be synchronized) for participants in a workflow process that have been initiated and have not yet reached the Completed state (participants in the Completed state will not have any competencies updated). This will only synchronize added and deleted competencies; for example, it will not synchronize changes to the competency rating scale if it was changed after initiation.
- Note: Competencies cannot be synchronized if competency weights are enabled on the Performance plan Competency Options page.
In addition to the Sync Competencies button in the Process Management section, you can also synchronize competencies from the following places:
- In the Workflow Process Management page Process Management section, after clicking the Manage icon in one of the table rows and selecting Manage Participants. This will synchronize competencies only for the participants you select in the dialog box.
Figure: Sync Competencies Button in the Initiated Participants Dialog Box
- In the Workflow Process pipeline graphic, after selecting More Actions. This will synchronize competencies for all participants in that workflow state.
Figure: Sync Competencies in the Pipeline More Actions Menu
- In the Workflow Process pipeline graphic, after clicking the number in the state. This will synchronize competencies for all participants in that workflow state.
Figure: Sync Competencies in the Participants in State Dialog Box
- Warning: If competencies are deleted by synchronizing, any ratings and comments for the deleted competencies will be deleted as well and cannot be retrieved.
Competencies will be synchronized from all sources (except for ad hoc competencies). For example, competencies associated with the Performance plan, those associated with the participant's job, performance group competencies, and so on.
For competencies from job and performance group sources, the synchronization process considers the participant's job or performance group as of the time of initiation into the workflow process. Any competencies that are different than the employee's competencies at that time will be added or deleted. However, developmental competencies are synchronized based on the employee's current career aspiration jobs, not those at the time of initiation.
Pseudo Model Additions
To allow for data processing scripting, three new properties have been added to the pseudo model under the Participant entity > Evaluation property:
Also added is the following property under the PerformancePeriodEvaluation entity:
Keywords: Competency, 23.04 Enhancement
Created: Derrick Kwong