You can provide online resources for course participants and instructors. These resources can be
- A link (URL) to a file maintained outside of the LMS.
- A file uploaded to the LMS Repository
- A link to open embedded content from an external site (for example, the embed link from a YouTube video), which opens in a pop-up
Learners and instructors can access resources from these areas of the LMS:
- The Course Details page (if catalog access has been enabled)
- Knowledge Center (Reference Resources page and Overview page)
- Universal Search > Reference Resources
Add Reference Resources to a Learning Module
Course administrators can provide online resources for course participants and instructors.
To add a reference resource to a learning module:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules and click the name of the module to open. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Enter references in the Module Properties tab. The Reference Resources page opens.
- Click Add New Reference. The Add New Reference modal pop-up opens.
- To include a file from the Repository, click the browse icon to open the Repository Manager, where you can select the file.
- To include or embedded content from outside of the LMS, enter the URL.
- Select the check boxes to specify whether learners, instructors or both can access the resource.
- Select the References Type.
- Select the check box if you want to include a link to the resource in the catalog, which allows people to download it without having to enroll in the course first. You can also enable or disable catalog access to the resource from the action menu on the Reference Resource page.
- Click Add to create the reference to the resource in the LMS.
- Click the Save icon to save your changes.