Course administrators can see which program sessions include the learning module being edited in the Catalog Editor.
For each associated program session, you can:
- View the program module properties
- View the program session properties
- Run a session enrollment update (also available as a bulk action)
- Update the deadline for participants
- Edit the association (also available as bulk action)
- Remove the association
You can select the actions above from the action menu for individual program sessions in the list, or you can check the boxes of multiple program sessions and select an action from the Bulk Actions drop-down list.
If you are editing a session, you can assign this to one or more program sessions, including specifying program module settings like Required and Auto-Enroll. To assign a session to a program session, click +Add to Program Session.
To configure associated programs:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules and click the name of the module you want to configure associated programs for. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Associated Programs in the Module Properties tab. The Associated Programs page opens.
- Select an action from the action menu.
- Click the Save icon to save your changes.
Session Enrollment Update
When the structure of a program session changes, it is sometimes necessary to explicitly update enrollments to reflect the new structure. Session Enrollment Update re-reuns enrollment processing for the session.
When you run a program session enrollment update, you can choose one or more of the following options:
- Update the current program session enrollments for participants currently enrolled in the session
- Re-enroll learners who have previously completed the program session
- Send an email notification to each learner affected by the enrollment update
Progress Tracking Deadline Update
Participants must complete assigned modules by the deadlines specified in the Learning Program Session Module Assignment page to maintain a program progress of On Target. Deadlines are calculated and fixed at the time of enrollment, so changing a deadline in program's session properties affects only learners who enroll after it has been changed.
To apply an updated deadline to participants already enrolled in an associated program, select Update Deadline of Users from the action menu of the session.
To apply an updated deadline to multiple associated programs, check the boxes of the associated programs in the list and then select Update Deadline of Users from the Bulk Action drop-down list.
Edit the Association
You can update one or more module's weighting, order and credits for the associated program session, specify whether it is required, and run an enrollment update.
Remove the Association
When you remove an association with a single associated program, you can run an enrollment update.