Checklist templates are containers for one or more checklist items that you can apply to any number of learning modules or sessions. This saves time as you can create common checklist items once and apply them multiple times instead of having to re-create them each time. Course administrators can create a checklist template.
To create a checklist template:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Checklist Template. The Checklist Template page opens, listing any previously created templates.
- Click + Create Checklist Template or, to edit an existing template, click the template name in the list. The Create/Edit Checklist Template page opens.
- Enter a descriptive name for the template in the Templated Name field.
- Click + Create Checklist Item to add an item to the template. The Create Item dialog opens. You can add any number of checklist items, configuring them one at a time.
- Configure the checklist items fields.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have added all of the required checklists items to the template.
- To edit a checklist item in the template, select Edit from its action menu.
- To delete a checklist item from the template, select Delete from its action menu. When you delete a template the checklists created from that template are not deleted from the modules or sessions they have been added to.
- Click Permissions to configure the read-only and unrestricted access to the template. Read-only permission allows LMS users to view the template and use it to generate checklists in the Catalog Editor. Unrestricted permission allows users to edit the template checklist items in addition to using templates in the Catalog Editor.
- Click Save to save the template. Course administrators can now generate checklist items from the template.