Course administrators can assign one or more courses to recommend to learners to compliment a learning module. Recommended courses are listed in the Course Details page. Learners can click the name of the recommended course to open its Course Details page and enroll or request enrollment as required.
Unlike prerequisites, recommended courses are not mandatory.
To assign a recommended course to a learning module:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules and click the name of the module you want to assign the recommended course to. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Assign Recommended Course(s) in the Module Properties tab. The Assign Recommended Course(s) page opens. Any recommended courses are listed in the Currently Added Modules box.
- Click the Assign Recommended Course(s) link. A selector page opens in which you can search for courses.
- Enter or select any of the search criteria for the course(s) you want to recommend. You can search on the module name or description in the Search text box, select a catalog, and select a learning type.
- Click Filter to see the courses matching your criteria.
- To add one or more courses to the list of recommended courses, select each course in the Available Choices box and click the single chevron to move them to the Selections box.
- Repeat steps 4 and 6 to find other courses are required, and then click OK. The courses are added to the Currently Added Modules box.
- To remove courses from the Currently Added Modules box, select them and click the Remove Recommended Course(s) link.
- Click the Save icon to save your changes.