Administrators can assign one or more exams, a certification and an evaluation to a learning module. The exams, certification and evaluation must have been configured in their respective areas of the Manage Center.
To assign exams, certifications and evaluations to a learning module:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules and click the name of the module you want to assign the exams, certifications and evaluations to. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Assign exam/certifications/evaluation in the Module Properties tab. The Associated Exams/Certification/Evaluation page opens.
- Assign the exams, certification or evaluation as described in the sections below, which correspond to the three sections of the Associated Exams/Certification/Evaluation page in the Catalog Editor.
- Click the Save icon to save your changes.
You can select any number of exams and specify whether they are mandatory, and whether passing all or any of them automatically completes the learning module for the participant. You can also select the language the exam will be delivered in, if it is available in more than one.
Course participants can launch exams from their Learning Center and the Knowledge Center.
For On-the-Job Training learning types, you can assign Supervisor Assessment exams, intended to be completed by the participant's direct appraiser or supervisor. The participant cannot complete the course themselves, its completion depends on the assessment exam taken by the direct appraiser or supervisor.
To assign one or more exams:
- To assign one or more exams, click the + icon. A selector page opens in which you can search for and select exams.
- If you want to make it mandatory to pass all of the selected exams in order for the participant to complete the module, select the Mandatory check box.
- Select whether passing the exams automatically completed the module for the participant.
- For exams available in more than one language, select from the Delivery Language drop-down list how the delivery language is determined.
You can select a certification to associate with the learning module. Certificates are typically awarded on completion of the course or, if there is an associated certification exam, on passing the exam.
To assign a certification:
- Click the browse icon in the Certification field. A selector page opens in which you can search for and select a certification.
- To remove the certification, click the delete icon. The certification name is removed from the Certification field.
Evaluations are a type of exam. You can select an evaluation to associate with the learning module, and specify whether it is mandatory for participants to complete it.
To assign an evaluation:
- Click the browse icon in the Evaluation field. A selector page opens in which you can search for and select an evaluation.
- To remove the evaluation, click the delete icon. The evaluation name is removed from the Evaluation field.