Course administrators can assign one or more supervisors and a supervisor assessment exam type only to On-the-Job (OJT) learning types. The supervisor must complete the associated supervisor assessment exam for the participant to complete the course. Assigning one or more default supervisors on this page means that all participants for the course must be assessed by the selected supervisor (or one of several, if specified). Alternatively, you can specify supervisors for individual participants or those in a group enroll for OJT courses.
Subject to availability, you can also choose the language that the supervisor assessment is delivered in. The default selection is Auto-Select, which delivers the assessment in the same language that the OTJ training course was delivered, if possible. You can allow the supervisor to select a language when they launch the assessment, or you can select a specific language from those available for the assessment.
To assign a supervisor assessment to an OTJ learning module:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules and click the name of the OTJ learning module you want to assign a supervisor assessment to. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Assign Supervisor Assessment in the Module Properties tab. The Assign Supervisor Assessment page opens.
- Click the browse icon to select a supervisor assessment exam to complete the OTJ training. The Supervisor Assessment selector page opens in a new window.
- Select the Supervisor Assessment exam for the OTJ course.
- Select one or more check boxes to specify who can carry out the supervisor assessment. The learner's direct appraiser is selected by default. To select one or more LMS users who are not the learner's direct appraiser or supervisor (as configured in the user's profile), click the Select link. The Permission Selector page opens in a new window.
- Optionally, select the supervisor assessment delivery language from the drop-down list.
- Click the Save icon to save your changes.