Course administrators define the module security and an enrollment policy for a learning module to control access to it and the enrollment process workflow.
There are three sections of the Define Enrollment Policy page:
- Enrollment Security
- Enrollment Policy
- Allow reopen
The Enrollment Security properties control which learners or organization members are allowed to enroll in or be enrolled in the learning module or program, and other enrollment related actions those participants can take.
The Enrollment Policy determines the enrollment processing workflow, such as whether the learner's manager must approve the enrollment. You can assign a single policy a module policy for the course as well as user group and organization specific policies, which can take precedence.
The Allow reopen property controls whether participants can re-open the course and download resources once it has been completed. They do not gain additional credit for completing the course again.
For more information about the properties in each section, see Learning Module Enrollment Policy Properties
To define an enrollment policy for a learning module:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules and click the name of the module you want to define the enrollment policy for. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Define Enrollment Policy in the Module Properties tab. The Define Enrollment Policy page opens.
- In the Enrollment Security section, check the boxes to control access to the course and other actions participants can take relating to enrollment. Select any organization or user constraints as required.
- In the Enrollment Policy section, click the browse icon to select a different enrollment policy from the Default Policy, if required. The Enrollment Policy Editor opens in a new window, where you can select a policy or crate a new one, if necessary
To select an enrollment policy from the Enrollment Policy Editor, click the policy in the Policies tab and then click the Select icon on the toolbar.
- To assign a different enrollment policy for members of an organization, click the Organization Group option to select it, and click the browse icon to select the organization and the enrollment policy to assign to its members for this learning module. You can add different policies for different organizations.
- If you added an enrollment policy for members of an organization, you can check the box to ensure that an enrollment policy that has been specified (in Manage Center > Users > Organization Maintenance) for the participant's organization takes precedence over an approval-based policy specified for the course.
- To assign a different enrollment policy for members of a user group, click the User option to select it, and click the browse icon to select the user group and the enrollment policy to assign to members of it for this learning module. You can add different policies for different user groups.
- Select the check box to apply the Enrollment Policy if the learners select an active session or are transferred from a Prompt User to Select Session session.
- In the Allow reopen section, select the check box to allow learners to re-open the course and download resources after they have completed it.
- Click the Save icon to save your changes.
About the Default Enrollment Policy
The default enrollment policy (Default Policy) is an enrollment policy that does not require an approval process. It is assigned to new courses by default and you can use it to allow learners to self-enroll without waiting for the enrollment to be approved by a manager, supervisor or other reviewer.
Approval-based enrollment policies assigned to an organization do not override the Default Policy if it is assigned to a course.