Enrollment restrictions enable course administrators to limit the number of enrollments in a course or session between two dates for one or more organizations. You can apply the restriction to specific job profiles. If enrollment is requested outside of the date range, the restrictions are not enforced.
Course administrators can configure multiple rules that target different organizations and job profiles so that the number of enrollments allowed for a particular course or session can differ between organizations.
For learning modules with one or more sessions, enrollment restrictions defined at the module level are applied to its sessions by default. For each session, you can choose to have no restrictions, keep the module level restrictions, or define different restrictions.
To configure an enrollment restriction for a learning module:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules and click the name of the module you want to configure the enrollment restriction for. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Enrollment Restriction in the Module Properties tab. The Enrollment Restriction page opens.
- Select Use Module Restriction from the Restriction Process drop-down list.
- Click the calendar icon to select the start date from which the restriction applies.
- Click the calendar icon to select the end date after which the restriction no longer applies.
- In the Rule(s) section click the Select organization(s) field label or box to select the organizations for which the number of enrollments will be restricted. The Organization Selection page opens in a new window. You must select at least one organization.
To remove an organization from the list of selected organizations, select it in the list and click Remove.
- In the Limit per Organization(s) field enter the number of enrollments allowed for the selected organizations.
- To select the job profiles to which the restriction will apply, click the Select Job Profile(s) field label and select one or more job profiles in the Selector page.
- Click the Save icon to save your changes.
- If you want to add different enrollment limit to other organizations and, optionally, job profiles, click Add Enrollment Restriction and repeat steps 6 to 9.