Whenever certain events occur relating to classroom or virtual classroom courses, emails can be sent to a range of LMS users, including the course participants, instructors and managers. A set of System Default email templates specify the email content, recipients, and in some cases, frequency of dispatch. For more information about the events that can trigger an email, see Email Preferences.
Instead of using the default email templates, administrators can select and configure custom email templates to send the emails at the module level and also for each session individually. Email preferences configured at the session level take precedence over those configured for the learning module. If no email preferences are configured for a session, the emails configured for the module are used.
To configure the email preferences for each course-related event for a learning module:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules and click the name of the learning module you want to configure email preferences for. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Email Preferences Setup in the Module Properties tab. The Email Preferences Setup page opens.
- For each event you want to use a custom email template for, click the browse icon. The Email Template Editor opens in a new window.
- Select the email template to use from the Templates tab and click the Select icon on the toolbar. Alternatively, you can create a new email template and select that.
- Enter or select any additional configuration options for each email, such as Frequency and the number of days before or after the event.
- Click the Save icon to save your changes.