The Knowledge Center provides learners with information about the courses they are enrolled in. You can configure the Knowledge Center to give learners access to various LMS features, including:
- Launching and withdrawing from the course
- Course reference materials
- Discussion forums
- A course notepad
- The file sharing area
- Email communications with the instructor
Instructors can use the Knowledge Center to access instructor resources, communicate with learners via email and forums, and upload files to share with learners, such as reviewed homework.
The Knowledge Center settings are configured universally for all new modules in the System Configuration settings. As a course administrator you can configure the Knowledge Center for individual modules in the Catalog Editor. The settings you specify in the Catalog Editor override the System Configuration settings.
To configure the Knowledge Center for a learning module, go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules, click the name of the module, then Select Options.
Configure the Knowledge Center
Course administrators can configure the Knowledge Center for individual learning modules in the Catalog Editor. These settings override the Knowledge Center settings in System Configuration.
To configure the Knowledge Center:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules and click the name of the module you want to configure the Knowledge Center for. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Setup Options in the Module Properties tab. The Knowledge Center Options page opens.
- The Knowledge Center may or may not be enabled by default for learning modules in the System Configuration settings. If it is not enabled, you can check the box to enable it for the learning module.
- Select one of the options to specify whether an image is shown in the Knowledge Center. To use an image different from the catalog image, select Define an image and click the browse icon to select an image from the Repository Manager.
- Select the check boxes to change the default settings to specify which features are shown in the Knowledge Center.
- Click the Save icon to save your changes.