Course administrators can generate an AICC course package from a learning module, so that it can be imported into another AICC-conformant learning management system. This enables the course to be launched from the other system while the learner's progress information is recorded in PeopleFluent Learning, and is also communicated to the system from which the course was launched.
It is not necessary for the course to support AICC communication directly - it could be a SCORM course or LMS exam, for example - AICC communication is simply the mechanism that relays progress tracking information to the launching LMS.
For more information about configuring trusted sites and associating user ID profiles and templates with them, see the System Administration Guide.
To generate a proxied launch package:
- Go to Manage Center > System > System Configuration.
- Add the hostname or IP address of the learning system from which the course will be launched to the Trusted sites for proxied course launches setting, if it is not already present.
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules, and click the name of the module you want to generate a proxied launch package for. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Proxied Launch Package in the Module Properties tab. The Proxied Launch Package page opens.
- Select the character encoding for the course content from the Encoding drop-down list.
- Click Generate package. The AICC package file is downloaded to your PC as a ZIP file.