Video: Clone a Session
Course administrators can clone a session just once or create multiple cloned sessions, repeating on a regular basis by specifying a recurrence frequency, so that the LMS will automatically create and set dates for sessions to repeat daily, weekly or monthly. This is useful for modules like new starter induction courses that might be held every month.
For recurring sessions, you can choose the event status and automatically adjust the enrollment window, and homework and completion deadline dates. For example, for a monthly recurring session, those dates can be advanced by one month for each subsequent recurrence to keep them in line with each session.
If you do not want cloned sessions to appear in the Course Calendar or Course Details immediately, you can select the Pending Event Status. The default event status for new and cloned sessions is defined by the Default Event/Session Status on Session Creation System Configuration setting.
When you clone a session, the original session remains open in the Catalog Editor. To edit the new session, you must select it in the Session Properties tab.
To clone a session:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules and click the name of the learning module you want to clone a session for. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Session Properties to select a session to clone.
- Select a session from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Click Clone in the Session Properties tab. The Clone Session page opens in the Catalog Editor.
- Select the Event Status for the cloned session or repeated sessions.
- To create regularly repeating sessions, select the Repeat check box and select the recurrence frequency from the drop-down list.
- Select or clear the check boxes for automatic date adjustment as required.
- Select or enter a date and time up to which recurring sessions will be created.
- Click Clone. The Catalog Editor returns to the session properties for the original (cloned) session.
- To edit a newly created session, select it from the drop-down list in the Session Properties tab. You may need to select its event status to see it in the list.