Course administrators can provide online resources for course participants and instructors for a specific course session. These resources can be:
- A link (URL) to a file maintained outside of the LMS
- A file uploaded to the LMS Repository
- A link to open embedded content from an external site (for example, the embed link from a YouTube video)
Learners and instructors can access resources from these areas of the LMS:
- The Course Details page (if catalog access has been enabled)
- Knowledge Center (Reference Resources page and Overview page)
- Universal Search > Reference Resources
Embedded content opens in a modal pop-up.
To add a reference resources to a session:
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Learning Modules and click the name of the module to open. The Catalog Editor opens at the Define Module Properties page.
- Click Session Properties to select a session to configure.
- Select a session from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Click Enter references in the Session Properties tab. The Reference Resources page opens.
- Click Add New Reference. The Add New Reference modal pop-up opens.
- To include a file from the Repository, click the browse icon to open the Repository Manager, where you can select a file.
- To include a file or embedded content from outside of the LMS, enter the URL.
- Check the boxes to specify whether learners, instructors or both can access the resource. Resources available only to instructors are shown in the Knowledge Center.
- Select the reference type.
- Check the box if you want to include a link to the resource in the catalog, which allows people to download it without having to enroll in the course first. You can also enable or disable catalog access to the resource from the action menu on the Reference Resources page.
- Click Add to create the reference to the resource in the LMS.
- Click the Save icon to save your changes.