When certifications are awarded to learners in the Career Development Center or via the Awarded Certificates CSV Loader, you can add custom attributes to record additional information about the certification award. These attributes are included in the certification details page and certifications reports.
Like module and user attributes, certificate award attributes can be any of the following data types, which determine what type of values can be assigned to them:
- Free text (a single line of text up to 255 characters)
- Text area (multiple lines of text)
- Drop-down (select the value from a list)
- Numeric (In PeopleFluent Learning versions up to and including 21.04, fractional numbers less than 1 must start with a zero; for example, 0.75, not .75).
- Check box
- Date (a calendar tool to select a date)
You can configure access permissions for certificate award attributes, therefore administrators can assign values only to those that they have read-only or unrestricted access permission for when awarding certifications.
Administrators with unrestricted access to the Certification Award Attributes features in System Roles (Manage Features > Certification Manager) can create, edit and delete certificate award attributes and their access permissions.
To manage certificate award attributes, go to Manage Center > Learning > Certificate Award Attributes.