When you can edit a certificate award attribute you can:
- Change its code and name
- Configure its access permissions
- Configure the value options for drop-down list attributes
- Change its data type
There are restrictions on changing an attribute's type. For more information, see Allowed Transitions Between Dynamic Attribute Types.
You can edit certificate award attributes that you have unrestricted access permission for.
Administrators with unrestricted access to the Certification Award Attributes features in System Roles (Manage Features > Certification Manager) can edit certificate award attributes.
To edit a certificate award attribute
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Certificate Award Attributes. The Certificate Award Attributes page opens with a list of the attributes you have at least read-only permission for.
- To edit an attribute's permissions only, select Permissions from its action menu. The Permissions Selector opens in a new window.
- To edit an attribute's properties and permissions, select Edit from its action menu. The Edit Certificate Award Attribute page opens.
- Update the attribute's properties as required.
- To add an option to a drop-down list attribute, click Add New Option. The Create Certificate Award Attribute Values list opens.
- To edit or delete an option for a drop-down list attribute, click the option's code. The Edit Certificate Award Attribute Value page opens, where you can edit or delete it.
- Optionally, click Permissions to edit the attribute's permissions.
- Click Save.