You can award certifications to one or more learners at once, or delete certifications from learners' transcripts, via the Awarded Certificates CSV Loader. You must first populate in a comma—or semicolon—separated values (CSV) file a row for each user you want to award a certification to or delete a certification from. For more information, see Awarded Certificates CSV Loader Field Reference.
Administrators with unrestricted access to the Awarded Certificates CSV Loader feature in System Roles (Manage Features > Certification Manager) can import awarded certificates CSV files.
To award or delete certifications via the Awarded Certificates CSV Loader
- Go to Manage Center > Learning > Awarded Certificates CSV Loader. The Awarded Certificates CSV Loader page opens and lists your previous imports, if any.
- To see previous imports from any user, select Anyone from the Uploaded By drop-down list.
- If required, download the CSV file template and enter the certification award information in the relevant fields. (Click the CSV Formatting Help link for guidance on each field.)
- Click + Import CSV file.
- Click Choose File to select the CSV file to upload.
- If your CSV file was saved with a specific file encoding the LMS can automatically detect it, otherwise you can select it from the list.
- Select the delimiter used to separate fields in your CSV file. This can be a comma or a semicolon.
- Click Preview. The contents of the CSV file are shown in the Data Loader page so that you can review the data before importing the file.
- Click Upload to import the CSV file. The Summary Report shows how many records in the file were imported successfully and how many failed.
- If any records failed to import, you can go back to the Awarded Certificates CSV Loader page and click the CSV Error Report link for the failed import. The error report downloads to your desktop as a copy of the imported file that includes the error message.