When using the Course CSV Loader the following columns can be used to bulk upload permissions against your existing learning modules.
"Y" - to completely replace permission settings on this course using permissions from the "master template".
"N" - to add to existing permission settings on this course using permissions from the "master template".
|PermTemplateID||Permissions Template||Learning object ID whose permissions are used as a "master template" for this course|
(The description mentioned in the Guidelines for Using the Course CSV Data Loader)
1. Create a learning module that will be used as the Permissions Template e.g. ‘CoursePermissions1’
2. Open the learning module in Catalog Editor and navigate to 2.1 Define Module Security. Here you will add the Read Only or Unrestricted permissions you wish against the Permissions Template (Master Template)
3. Once the Permission Template has been created you can now reference this against the PermTemplateID column when uploading using the Course CSV Loader
4. The required columns to include in the CSV import file to perform the bulk update for permissions are
Action – “U” should be used as an existing learning module will be updated
ModuleID – The learning module that will be updated
PermReplace – “Y” means that the current permissions held against the learning module will be replaced with those against the Permissions Template. “N” means that the permissions held against Permission Template will be added on to the current permissions.
PermTemplate ID – The Permissions Template that will be used when adding/replacing the current permissions of the existing learning module
5. Once you have created the CSV you can import this via Course CSV Loader
6. Once the CSV import has been uploaded you will be prompted with the Summary Report. Here you will be notified whether the import was successfully processed or failed.
7. The learning module will now have the added permissions from the Permission Template