User entered data is not appearing on all forms with a performance cycle.
Users have entered comments during a goal setting or performance evaluation cycle. The comments appear during some but not all of the workflow states or within the same field in other cycles within the plan.
For this test case, it has been observed that the Employee and Manager comments in the evaluation 'Overall' section are missing in the 'Face-to-Face' workflow state.
Screenshot in Manager Evaluation state:
Screenshot in Face-to-Face state:
This article describes how to troubleshoot and resolve a likely cause for this issue.
One of the most common causes of this issue is a selection of the incorrect field in one or more form configurations.
Note: In order to perform some of the steps below, you will need to be the last opener of the plan! If the plan has been left unlocked by another administrator, you will need to either proxy and lock or have the administrator lock the plan.
1. Navigate to the affected plan
Admin Home -> Performance Administration -> Performance Management -> Performance Management Plans
2. Use filter(s) to locate the plan
3. Edit the plan
3. Click on the affected evaluation process (Example: Final Evaluation Process)
4. Verify the form associations in each workflow state (Most likely associations are:
- Self Evaluation - Self Evaluation Form
- Manager Evaluation - Manager Evaluation Form
- Face-to-Face = Evaluation Review Form
5. Select the form that has the correct data in both comment fields. In this case, it is the Manager Evaluation form
6. Click on 'Configure fields for this section' for the 'Overall' section
7. Locate the form section containing the target fields
Note: In this example, the fields are in the 'Item Left' and Item Right' sections. Make a note of the comments fields being used.
8. Cancel, we are not making any changes to this form
9. Select the form that is missing data in both comment fields. In this case, it is the Evaluation Review form
10. Click on 'Configure fields for this section' for the 'Overall' section
11. Locate the form section containing the target fields
12. Note that the fields in this form are 'Employee Rater Comments' and 'Manager Rater Comments'
13. You will need to 'deselect' these fields and select the correct fields (As shown in step 7 above) from the 'Available Fields
15. Lastly, you will want to verify that the comments are now being correctly displayed in the Face-to-Face workflow state