Cannot edit or delete journal entries created by prior manager
All TM applications
This article describes how to edit or delete a manager created journal entry under the following conditions:
1. The journal creator is no longer an 'active' user
2. The journal creator has moved into a new role and no longer has a report relationship with the recipient
The ‘creator’ is the only one that can edit or delete the entry, so under either of the above conditions, the only method that can be used to edit/delete the journal entry is to initiate an 'administrator' selective proxy as the user (creator).
Note: In the case of 'inactive' users, the record should be made temporarily active.
Journal entry created by the manager (Gary Mccarthy) for 'Loren Best'. Loren has a subsequent manager change. Current manager would like the entry deleted.
Steps under this scenario:
1. Login as user with administrator privileges
2. Add a 'selective' proxy as previous manager (Gary Mccarthy)
3. Select an administrator role that has access to employee Journal Page on the Talent Profile. (EX: Performance Administrator)
4. Click OK
5. Verify the proxy information and click on SAVE
6. Proxy as user
7. Navigate to the Talent Profile
8. Select employees who's journal entry is to be deleted and click on OK
9. Select 'Journal' tab
10. Here you can either 'Edit' or 'Delete' the entry
Lastly, you'll want to end the proxy session. If necessary, return the user to 'inactive' status