Unable to export Change Report or send search results to Excel
- After I make changes in my planning chart and try to generate a change report to Excel, I get the error message “Error: Cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough memory or disk space.”
- I do a search from a published chart and try to send the results to Excel and I get the “Error: Cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough memory or disk space”.
The message you’re seeing is a bit misleading as the true cause is not a memory issue but a permissions/privilege issue which is imposed by Internet Explorer (IE). When the viewing/planning plugin tries to call Excel, IE decides whether the plugin is being run from a ‘safe’ location. If it doesn’t know that it’s safe, IE places a stricter rule on what it (the plugin) can and cannot do, and calling another application is one of things that is restricted which results in the error.
This can usually be fixed by elevating the site’s privileges and the first thing to try is to add the chart’s URL to the Trusted Sites zone. Here’s how:
- In IE, view the chart and then click in the address bar to copy the URL.
- Click on Tools>Internet Options and click on the “Security” tab.
- Then click on the “Trusted sites” zone.
- Next, click on the “Sites” button and paste in the chart’s URL if it’s not already showing.
- Click “Close” followed by “OK”.
- Then try sending your change report to Excel again.
If the issue persists, please contact support.