Blank HTML5 Chart in IE 11
OrgPublisher - HTML5
11.9, 11.10, 11.11.0
When opening an HTML5 chart in IE 11 you get an empty shell
This behavior is due to the way browser emulation is set within Internet Explorer. This was fixed in our HTML5 11.11.1 patch and is included in all subsequent versions of HTML5.
You can test browser emulation by clicking on the chart link. When the chart shell opens Press F12 to go to Development Mode. You will see several tabs beginning with F12. Open the tab named Emulation. Select Edge in the Document Mode dropdown. See if the chart opens normally. This setting won't be saved. It's designed for developers to test how pages look in various versions of Internet Explorer. HTML5 11.11.1 contains code to force Internet Explorer to emulate Edge (by default). This forced emulation will only apply to your OrgPublisher charts so if this emulation has been set to accommodate other applications our patch will have no effect on them.
If you have a version of OrgPublisher prior to 11.11.1 we recommend upgrading to the latest version of OrgPublisher and HTML5 for this fix and others. However, if you choose to remain on your earlier version you can edit the web.config file to set browser emulation for your charts.
Edit the web.config file located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PeopleFluent\OrgPublisherHTML5\Instances\<instance name>
- Edit the web.config file with Notepad or another text editor.
- Locate this header "<system.webServer>"
- Then insert this segment immediately below it:
<add name="X-UA-Compatible" value="IE=EmulateIE10"/>
- You can change the "IE=EmulateIE10" to "IE=Edge" as well, to have it emulate the Edge browser.
- Save the file and restart the app pool that is handling the HTML5 application or do an iisreset from a command prompt.
- Try viewing the chart again.
NOTE: You will need to make this edit for each web instance you have created.