Applicable Product: Talent Management - All
Applicable Release: All
Resolving a "The offline report you requested is too large" condition.
This solution describes how to modify the system setting to accommodate offline reports with large compressed file size.
The user requests an offline report to be delivered via email. The received email indicates that the offline report is too large for delivery.
The test of the email should indicate the compressed file size:
The offline report that you requested was too large for delivery via email. The compressed file size is 12.24MB, which exceeds your company's 10MB maximum attachment size setting by 2.24MB. Please re-run the report with additional filters that will result in less data and a smaller file attachment. If this is happening frequently, you may want to ask your system administrator to raise the 10MB maximum attachment size setting.
1. Provide additional report filters that would result in less data being generated.
2. Increase the "Offline Report Maximum File Size" system setting. (Default is 10MB)
To increase system setting:
1. Navigate to: Administration Home -> Site Administration -> Data Setup -> System Settings
2. Filter on Name = Offline Report Maximum File Size
3. Run Filter
4. Click on 'Edit'
5. From the 'View System Setting Details' page, increase the 'Value' setting to accommodate the compressed file size.
Note: The maximum value setting is 50 (MB).
6. Have the user try re-running the report.