You request mentoring from a colleague's Profile. If they are available for mentoring, the Request Mentoring button appears in the section below their name, title, and location.
To request mentoring
- Go to Explore > Mentoring.
- In the search bar, type a job title, skill, or a person's name. Matches appear automatically on the page.
- Use the Location, Skills, and Interests section at the left to filter your results.
- Click View Profile for each person to see if they might be a good match for your mentoring needs.
- If the person is a good match, click Request Mentoring. The Request mentoring dialog box appears.
- Select a topic.
- If you selected Help with Skills, select at least one skill. Otherwise, go the next step.
- Type a message to introduce yourself. If you are stuck for how to get started, look the space above the message field which shows any interests you have in common.
- Click Submit. Your request is sent and a confirmation dialog box opens.
- Click OK. The Requests tab of the Mentorship page appears with your current requests.