- RMS Administration Portal
- Staffing Agency Portal
Microsoft has announced that it will no longer support desktop versions of Internet Explorer 11 for certain versions of Windows 10 starting in June 2022. As a follow-up to that announcement, we want to ensure that upon completion of the changes, our customers can take steps to access the system using Microsoft Edge. The changes will impact any System Administrator attempting to access the RMS Administration portal and Agency Users attempting to access the Staffing Agency portal.
For the complete list of browsers that are no longer supported by Microsoft, please go to: https://www.microsoft.com/
- To enable Compatibility mode in Edge, click on the ‘Settings and more’ icon near the top-right corner or press ALT + F, to launch the menu.
- Next, select ‘Settings’ from the list of options in Edge menu.
- You will now find several tabs listed on the left. Select ‘Default browser’.
- Now under ‘Internet Explorer compatibility, click on the dropdown menu next to ‘Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode’, and select ‘Allow’.
- Compatibility or IE mode is now enabled on your browser. To open a website in Compatibility or IE mode on Edge, first open it as you normally do:
- For clients in our EU data center not using iPaaS: https://home.peopleclick.eu.com
- For clients in our US data center not using iPaaS: https://home.peopleclick.com
- For iPaaS (including SSO) users in our EU data center: https://login.peoplefluent.eu.com
- For iPaaS (including SSO) users in our US data center: https://login.peoplefluent.com
- You will need to restart the browser for the change to take effect. To do that, click on the ‘Restart’ option that appears.
- Now, right-click on the tab and select ‘Reload tab in Internet Explorer mode’ from the menu.
- Any website open in the compatibility or IE mode will have the Internet Explorer icon displayed at the left of the navigation bar. Also, click ‘Done’ on the menu that appears.
- To exit the compatibility or IE mode for a website on Edge, again right-click on the tab, and select ‘Exit tab from Internet Explorer mode’.
Always Open a Website in Compatibility Mode
After enabling the compatibility mode, every time you open a website, you have to switch the mode. You can negate the need for this by configuring the URL to open in compatibility mode for the next 30 days.
Whenever you open a website and switch to compatibility mode, a menu pops up mentioning the same. Just enable the toggle for ‘Open this page in Internet Explorer mode next time’ and click on ‘Done’ to save the changes.
You can verify the list of websites or URLs that have been configured to open in IE mode under the ‘Internet Explorer mode pages’ section in the ‘Default Browser’ settings. It mentions both the dates, when the website was added to the list and the date on which it would automatically be removed (on completion of the 30-day period).
You can now easily open and access websites compatible only with Internet Explorer on Microsoft Edge.
- Please review the PeopleFluent Configure Edge in IE Mode RMS Admin document attached to this article. There is a group policy setting that can enable the Compatibility (IE) View setting without users having to make the change manually. This setting would need to be modified by your IT team.
- For clients using SSO, additional configuration may be required:
- For those using the Enterprise Site List to define which sites can be opened in Internet Explorer, you will need to configure any forwarding URLs in the SSO process to be in the neutral site list. For more information, see here: Enterprise site configuration strategy
- If you are not using the Enterprise Site List, your IT team will need to set their group policy to stay in IE mode when forwarded. See here: Keep in-page navigation in Internet Explorer mode
Please contact PeopleFluent Support for additional assistance.
Keywords: MS Edge, Microsoft Edge, SAP, Staffing Agency Portal, RMS Administration Portal, browser, iPaaS